The simplest answer to our original question is that no, Special K cereal is not vegan. However, some vegans may decide that avoiding certain non-vegan ingredients, vitamin D3 in this case, is unreasonable.
Is Kellogg’s cereal vegetarian?
Yes! Corn flakes too are vegan except for the two ingredients: sugar and Vitamin D present in it. … Going by the fact that Corn Flakes also belong to the same Kellogg’s family that uses vitamin D3 in its cereals, it’s hard to exempt Corn Flakes from the non-vegan list.
Is Special K OK for vegans?
Special K is a popular brand of breakfast cereal made by Kellogg’s. The cereal is often marketed as a healthy breakfast food for adults, but it makes no claims about being vegan. That is because Original Special K is not vegan due to the fact that it contains calcium caseinate, a milk derivative.
What cereals are vegetarian?
The Best Vegan Cereals
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Morning O’s. 365.
- Barbara’s Organic Corn Flakes. Barbara’s.
- Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Crunch. Cascadian Farm.
- Cascadian Farm Organic Graham Crunch. …
- Cascadian Farm Organic Fruitful O’s. …
- General Mills Fiber One Original. …
- Kashi Island Vanilla. …
- Kashi Organic Strawberry Fields.
What is Special K cereal made of?
Ingredients: Ingredients: Rice, wheat gluten, sugar, defatted wheat germ, contains 2% or less of salt, malt flavor.
Why are Kellogg’s cereals not vegan?
Kellogg’s Cornflakes are not suitable for vegans because they contain vitamin D which may come from sheep’s wool. Some brands of ‘free from’ or organic cornflakes such as Nestle GoFree cornflakes are vegan-friendly.
What cereal is plant based?
Kashi 7 Whole Grain Puffs Cereal is made with Kashi Seven Whole Grains & Sesame Blend (Whole Hard Red Wheat, Whole Brown Rice, Whole Oats, Whole Barley, Whole Triticale, Whole Rye, Whole Buckwheat, Sesame Seeds). It is vegan and sodium free, and non-GMO Project Verified. You can buy a 6.5 ounce box for $3.00.
What popular cereals are vegan?
Here’s a list of vegan cereals that you can get almost anywhere:
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Morning O’s.
- Barbara’s Organic Corn Flakes.
- Barbara’s Peanut Butter Puffins.
- Barbara’s Original Puffins.
- Cap’n Crunch.
- Cap’n Crunch’s Peanut Butter Crunch.
- Cascadian Farm Organic Cinnamon Crunch.
- Cascadian Farm Organic Fruitful O’s.
Is Special K cereal healthy?
There is nothing special about Special K products. In fact, most are not whole grain, and they tend to be low in fullness-promoting fiber and protein. (Of course, dieters could opt to do their own challenge, with their favorite high-fiber, high-protein cereal along with nutritious snacks and a healthy dinner meal.)
Is peanut butter vegan?
Is peanut butter vegan? … Most peanut butter is a simple mixture of ground peanuts and salt. Others might also contain oil or added sugar. Once in a blue moon, you may find a kind that contains honey, but nearly all peanut butter is 100 percent vegan.
Are bananas vegetarian?
Besides being a staple postrace food, Bananas are a vegan dream—they can be blended into ice cream and baked into muffins—there’s only one problem: Your banana may not be vegan anymore.
What can a vegetarian eat at McDonald’s?
So here are the details on the various vegetarian options McDonald’s has to offer.
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait. With only 150 calories and 2 grams of fat, this falls under the healthier end of the vegetarian options. …
- Breakfast Hotcakes. …
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal. …
- Side Salad. …
- Smoothies. …
- Baked Desserts.
Is Raisin Bran vegetarian?
Verdict: Kellogg’s Raisin Bran is not vegan.
Raisin bran contains vitamin D3 from lanolin, an animal product. Some vegans are okay with eating small amounts of vitamin D3, but most are not.
What is the healthiest cereal?
The 15 Healthiest Cereals You Can Eat
- Oats. Oats are a nutritious cereal choice. …
- DIY Muesli. Muesli is both a healthy and delicious type of cereal. …
- Homemade Granola. …
- DIY Cinnamon Crunch Cereal. …
- Kashi 7 Whole Grain Nuggets. …
- Post Foods Grape Nuts. …
- Bob’s Red Mill Paleo-Style Muesli. …
- Ezekiel 4:9 Sprouted Grain Cereals.
Which is healthier Corn Flakes or Special K?
In terms of calories and salt, Special K Original is comparable to Kellogg’s Corn Flakes and it’s only slightly higher in protein than cornflakes. This does not make Special K cereal any healthier than sugary cornflakes though.
Is Special K full of sugar?
With exactly 15g sugar per 100g, Special K therefore is borderline moderate/high in sugar. Of the flake cereals, with no fruit, Special K has the highest sugar content.