Yes, pure, distilled tequila, usually made with the blue agave plant, is considered gluten-free. Even if the tequila is mixtos, meaning that it contains at least 51% agave with other sugars added, it will still be safe for people with celiac disease.
What brands of tequila are gluten free?
Here’s a list of tequilas that are made in the traditional fashion from 100% blue agave, which means that they are gluten free:
- Agavales Gold.
- Calle 23.
- Casa Noble Anejo.
- Casa Noble Crystal.
- Centenario Plata.
- Don Julio Blanco.
- Don Sergio (1942, Resposado, and Blanco varieties only)
- El Destilador Blanco.
What tequila is not gluten free?
Don Julio Tequila is most likely gluten-free. Don Julio claims their tequila is made with only 100% blue agave but they do not claim to produce their tequila in a gluten-free facility. Don Julio produces several tequilas, a few that have added flavors or aged with spices that may not be gluten-free.
Is 100 agave tequila gluten free?
Tequila. Tequila is made from blue agave, a plant that’s naturally gluten-free. As long as the bottle says “100% agave,” then it is GF.
Is Jose Cuervo blue agave gluten free?
The Answer is: YES
Jose Cuervo is a quality tequila that is made from 100% agave and is gluten free. Most quality tequila such as Jose Cuervo is gluten free because it is distilled purely from the agave plant.
What alcohol is not gluten free?
Fermented Alcohols That Are Not Considered Gluten-Free 1
- Beer and other malted beverages (ale, porter, stout) Sake/rice wine made with barley malt.
- Flavored hard cider containing malt.
- Flavored hard lemonade containing malt.
- Flavored wine coolers containing malt or hydrolyzed wheat protein.
What is the best gluten free alcoholic drink?
Gluten-free liquors (after distillation) include:
What popular beer is gluten free?
Here are some popular gluten-free beers available around the globe:
- Buck Wild Pale Ale by Alpenglow Beer Company (California, USA)
- Copperhead Copper Ale by Alt Brew (Wisconsin, USA)
- Redbridge Lager by Anheuser-Busch (Missouri, USA)
- Felix Pilsner by Bierly Brewing (Oregon, USA)
Does Triple Sec have gluten?
Yes, pure, distilled, liqueur, even if made with wheat, barley, or rye, is considered gluten-free.
Does Corona beer have gluten?
1) Corona contains barley, which is a gluten-containing grain. 2) Due to various processes the company has in place, the gluten count goes down, and Corona tests below the 20ppm. … There are so many great gluten-free beers and ciders out there to choose from, we recommend you buy something else.
Is Tito’s gluten free?
Tito’s Handmade Vodka is made from corn, and as a distilled spirit, is completely gluten-free.
Is Espolon gluten free?
Espolon Tequila, both Blanco and Reposado, are most likely gluten-free. Both are made with 100% agave which is naturally gluten free, but we cannot guarantee that the added spices are not gluten-free.
Is Jack Daniels gluten free?
Jack Daniel’s Black Label Tennessee Whiskey has no carbohydrates (sugar or starch), gluten, fats, or cholesterol, as these are removed in the distilling process.
Is Jose Cuervo actually tequila?
As of 2012, Jose Cuervo sells 3.5 million cases of tequila in the US annually, accounting for a third of the US tequila market. Jose Cuervo is family-owned and is run today by the Beckmann family of Mexico, descendants of Don José Antonio de Cuervo.
Are vodkas gluten free?
All vodka is gluten-free unless there is some flavored vodka out there where someone adds a gluten-containing ingredient.
Is agave syrup gluten free?
In addition, agave nectar is a gluten-free product and it contains no allergens.